"Bittersweet October. The mellow, messy, leaf-kicking, perfect pause between the
opposing miseries of summer and winter."

-Carol Bishop Hipps



Sunday, January 22, 2012

Boredom

Roy started doing drive bys this week instead of 24 hour service.  That means he is home every night which I LOVE!  I hated sleeping alone all the time.  I hear noises and freak myself out.  Any way... He leaves around 6 or 7 every morning.  I usually wake up and make him a lunch then when he leaves I crawl back in bed.   Since he gets up pretty early he wants to go to bed pretty early.  He crashes immediately and since I always go back to bed I lay wide awake for hours.  I hate it so I decided that when I get up to make him a lunch, I was just going to stay up.  It is amazing how much time you have to get things done when you get up at 6.  We have some touch up painting that still needed to be finished so yesterday I decided that would be a good project for me.  Well... I can't just do touch up painting of course...
 This wall had a big patch on it... You can see it behind the paint bucket if you look closely.
 This wall had a patch down by the outlet by the door.
 I don't know what the previous owners had on this wall but there was a ton of patch jobs here.


Roy had no idea I was painting.  It was kinda fun to see his reaction when he got home.  I started painting our room but I have not finished yet so stay tuned for those pictures!  I woke up this morning and can barely walk.  I look like my dad trying to walk! (Love you Dad!)  I love painting though.  It is a pain in the butt and takes way too long by yourself but I love looking at the finished product!  I keep walking into the kitchen just to stare at my walls.  I am a major nerd, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment