"Bittersweet October. The mellow, messy, leaf-kicking, perfect pause between the
opposing miseries of summer and winter."

-Carol Bishop Hipps



Thursday, January 19, 2012

Our First Christmas

We decided to stay home for our First Christmas.  We tried to go to a movie in Vernal on Christmas Eve but the theater was closed.  I will never understand this place.  So instead we went to Roy's brother Dan and Kristy's and played games.  It was a fun night.  Christmas morning we woke up and opened our gifts.  Santa was very good to us this year.  After opening gifts we went to church.  What an awesome opportunity it was to go to church on Christmas and reflect on the real meaning of this season.  I am so thankful for my Savior and for the sacrifice He made for me.  We went to dinner at Dan and Kristy's later that day.  Kristy made an awesome meal like usual.  When I grow up I want to be able to cook like Kristy.  She really is amazing.  After dinner we just visited with family and played games.  What a perfect way to top off a fun day.
 Christmas Eve self portrait
Our Christmas Eve gift... What could it possibly be?!
Roy can hardly contain his excitement!
 Santa came!
 Our stockings.  Santa is so thoughtful... even Mya got one.
 All night he was pestering me to open the gifts but when it is finally time to wake up and go open them guess who refuses to get out of bed!  He is going to be so happy that i posted this picture!:)
 Mya lovin her new duck.  About 2 minutes after this picture was taken she had all bitten the head off.  She sure enjoyed that gift.
 Roy with his loot.  He got a lot of new clothes and a pretty cool picture.  The shirt he is holding is the soundtrack shirt that Raj wore in the Big Bang Theory.  I was very excited that i found it for him!
Me with my awesome new sewing/embrodery machine.  I am excited to get some material and have some fun with this.  My goal is to start a craft blog and sell all kinds of things.  This is the start of it all.  I can't wait.  I missed my family like crazy but I am so thankful that I married into such a loving, fun family.  They have accepted me with open arms.  I am truly one lucky girl! 

No comments:

Post a Comment